Wales, Northumberland, Scotland
In a rather fast-paced day of bus traveling, we left Keswick and drove to Northumberland, visited Holy Island, and then drove to Edinburgh, where we explored a bit before taking an overnight cruise to the Netherlands.
Nicole & Emily at Holy Island, Northumberland. Accessible by vehicle during low tide, and presumably by skiff (or "punt") during high, I think this was probably the most peaceful place we visited. We only had about 10 minutes there, but it's definitely a place I'd like to return to and explore at some point.
Pretty much the extent of my Welsh countryside experience.
The best thing going in Edinburgh. Alas, if I had only known it would be the last familiar coffee house I'd see - the last coffee house, for that matter - for two more countries, perhaps I would have stayed behind.
The Edinburgh home of John Knox.
Also in Edinburgh, we discovered that the world ends in a pub. For the record, none of our company ventured to try "The World's End" drinks. (I can only assume this, since no one missed the bus.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home