5.29.2006

A brief interlude

Despite my strong desire to finish posting pictures from Europe before introducing anything new, I suppose a brief Yosemite intermission may be worthwhile. Yesterday after church, Quinton and I drove down there and hiked Yosemite Falls after finding a grassy spot a couple miles from the trailhead in which to leave the car (after getting assurances from several park rangers that it was okay). [Note to self: never, ever, ever visit Yosemite on a holiday weekend unless a multi-day trip is planned.]

The hike was beautiful and satisfyingly exhausting . . .
































Upper Yosemite Falls (the view from nearly halfway up). The Half Dome picture immediately above it was taken from the same spot.





























Checking out the 2500'+ drop.



















Tired and trying to make it down before the sun.















I think they call that "deer and the headlights."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page