Wittenberg

Paul outside of the Hotel Gruene Tanne in Wittenberg. I don't have much in the way of pictures from this place, but I took a lovely walk (without my camera because the battery was dead) along the railroad tracks in the countryside. If I were to move to Germany, I'd look for a town like this to start out in.
The resting place of Martin Luther
Not the most impressive photo, but this is the Castle Church where Luther is believed to have posted his 95 Theses.
Sara at the door of the 95 Theses, or a steel replica thereof.
Here's a cool building with a lot of bells, but I really don't remember whether it was significant or not. (This one was in Hamelin, I believe.)

1 Comments:
Actually... it isn't a steel replica! In the late 1500's the Duke of Something-Or-Other commisioned that door be put on. The door Luther nailed the theses to was just a plain wood door. But they won't take this down because it is now an antique itself!
Looks like you all had fun over there!
Post a Comment
<< Home